Friday, October 5, 2012

Guest Post: Mrs. Tiffany

Mrs. Tiffany is the Computers teacher at the ELC. She has agreed to do a guest spot for the preschool blog.

This year has started off WONDERFUL and I just know it is going to get even better in computer land!  I am so very excited about what the 4 year olds have retained from last year and how fast the 3 year olds are learning to correctly use the computer and mouse!  I can tell that all of them are getting extra computer time at home!
I am pleased to be doing a mission project this year for our soldiers overseas.  Both my PawPaw’s and my Daddy all served in the Air Force, so the military holds a very special place in my heart!
 There are so many brave and strong men and women serving in foreign lands right now that are NOT receiving ANY mail and when I heard about this mission project I just knew that my 4 year old classes could take on the task of making computer cards for them. 
I asked each 4 year old, “What would you say to a soldier overseas that is protecting us and our country and may be lonely and missing their family and friends”?  Explaining to them that some of the soldiers are not receiving any mail, their responses were priceless.  I typed up their “exact” response and printed it on paper so they could see all the letters, put it front of their keyboard and let them type what they had said.  Once typed we added clip art and viola, a card for a soldier was born!  They have turned out AWESOME!  I can not wait to put the care packages together and send them off!  Can you imagine being a lonely soldier away from home and opening a package with cards made for YOU by 40 kids!
We are going to be collecting items the soldiers are requesting to put together care packages, if you would be interested in sending in some items, please see the post below for a full list of items that have been requested. 
 
I will put a copy of their card in the computer books that your children are creating this year and you will get to take it home the day of the art show.
I thank you for allowing your child to attend the ELC and for allowing me to be part of their day, I feel very privileged to be part of their lives.

                        Much love and many blessings,    
                                  ~Mrs. Tiffany







No comments:

Post a Comment